1 December 2016
Find Out about Opportunities to Work on HS2
As part of its commitment to provide transparency on business opportunities, High Speed 2 (HS2) has published details of all the contracts it is procuring directly and their status.
The HS2 contracts opportunities table enables companies to find contact details for contractors who have been awarded, or invited to tender for, contracts with HS2. This allows companies looking to become part of the HS2 supply chain to engage early with HS2’s direct contractors and prepare for the indirect opportunities each contract is likely to provide.
There will also be a ‘Meet the Buyer’ event on Wednesday 3 February at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham where suppliers will be given the opportunity to meet the seven joint ventures shortlisted for the £900 million worth of enabling works. The prospective joint ventures are particularly looking for Specialist Contractors in:
• Acoustic specialist installation for sound protection work to properties
• Archaeological investigations
• Bulk excavation
• Civils subcontracting
• Compounds and access roads
• Demolition & site clearance
• Diversity and inclusion specialist training providers
• Environmental services
• Existing building surveys
• Geotechnical surveys
• Habitat and species relocations
• Highways surfacing and construction
• Instrumentation and Monitoring
• Management of invasive plants: Japanese knotweed and hogwood
• Soft and Hard Landscaping
• Structure (bridges/buildings) strengthening specialists
• Temporary road diversion
• Temporary works including bridges
• Waterway diversion
This event will take place just before the seven joint ventures are formally invited to tender for the works and it will give prospective suppliers the chance to introduce themselves and put themselves in the running for when contracts are awarded later this year.
If you are interested in attending the ‘Meet the Buyer’ event, you must book before Wednesday 27 January by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘HS2’.