18 March 2020
CITB Training and Roadshows Update
All training at CITB’s National Construction Colleges has been cancelled with immediate effect and the colleges closed. Current and advance-booked courses during the closure can be rescheduled or refunded. All CITB Employer Roadshows have also been cancelled.
CITB has confirmed a range of measures to reassure employers at this time, including:
- A comprehensive plan to support apprentices in the industry is being developed, with companies encouraged to continue employing any apprentices in the meantime. Information will be available shortly on the specific support that will be offered by CITB.
- Existing bookings of the Health, Safety and Environment Test can be rescheduled or cancelled at no cost.
- The introduction of a grace period for the renewal of SMSTS and SSSTS certificates for those unable to complete the refresher course before the expiry of their certificate.
Alongside this, CITB has relaxed the rules and sanctions that apply to Approved Training Organisations (ATOs) as follows:
- Extending the 10 day achievement upload rule within the Requirements for ATOs to 30 days.
- Extending the 30 day period in which ATOs have to submit self-assessment evidence against any full standards they wish to deliver to 90 days.
CITB has also published a list of preventative measures to help candidates combat the transmission of coronavirus.