29 November 2019
CITB Listening to Employers at their Roadshows
Build UK recently attended the CITB Employer Roadshow in London, which was well attended by employers.
The London Roadshow included presentations from employers who set out how CITB had helped their business’ training needs:
- Kisiel Group – Annie Summun presented how CITB’s Skills and Training Fund had equipped the company to train and upskill its workforce. Further information on how small businesses can access CITB support is available here.
- Tideway – A £4.2 billion infrastructure project, also known as the Super Sewer, has set up a pre-employment programme, to attract new and diverse talent from local communities. This included a case study of an employee who had been unemployed for 12 years and joined the company through the programme.
- Keltbray and Transport for London (TfL) – Holly Price (Keltbray) and Laura Miller (TfL) presented on how they were working together to deliver one of CITB’s Construction Skills Fund hubs and were working with the local community to encourage new industry entrants.
- Berkeley Homes – Stav Aristokle-Hill presented on Berkeley’s apprenticeship programme, having recently been awarded Large Employer of the Year at the CITB Apprenticeship Awards.
CITB also presented the following information:
- Apprenticeships: Off-the-job training myths
- An update on grants and funding from CITB – presentation
- The attraction campaign FutureMade which would be launched in the New Year.
CITB also used the opportunity to promote its local advisor network and to encourage businesses to contact their adviser who could provide assistance with claiming funding via the Skills and Training Fund.