7 June 2019
Build UK members contribute to latest updates to Construction H&S and Environmental Manuals
Build UK is continuing its work with Construction Industry Publications (CIP) to ensure the Construction Health & Safety (H&S) and Environmental manuals include industry recognised health, safety and environmental policies and standards.
This integrated approach aims to improve the knowledge and practices of those on site without duplicating information or publishing conflicting advice.
Build UK partner Construction Industry Publications (CIP) is offering all Build UK members an exclusive 30% discount (excludes the six monthly updates) on its online combined Construction Health & Safety and Environmental Manual CIP Knowledge, and also on hardcopies and CDROMs.
The latest updates include:
- Guidance on site welfare provision and site visits for schools and local communities.
- An explanation of EN 388 Glove Standard
- Includes updated Build UK Training Standard and 17 new H&S Toolbox Talks and a new Environmental one on Modern Slavery
- New section on Crane Forks, Nets and Lifting Cages
- Updated guidance on the use of Drones
- A new section is added on the measurement of embodied energy or carbon
- A new section has been added on ‘bees and wasps’
- Information on London’s Ultra Low Emission Zone
- Updated register of Legislations.
Martin Worthington, Member of the Drafting Panel and SHEQ Director of Build UK member Morgan Sindall Construction and Infrastructure Ltd, said:
“For good practical up to date advice on health and safety matters, the Construction H&S Manual is a must for everyone involved in construction. Working with Build UK will ensure it is even more relevant on a day to day basis as the ‘go to’ source of information for all things health and safety. It will also keep the manual up to date with industry practices, and provide the more collaborative approach we all want.”
Details of subscription prices for the CIP Knowledge, which start from £246 per annum for a single user, can be found on the website. Build UK members can claim their 30% discount using the promotional code BUILDUK. Build UK members also have the opportunity to take out a free one month’s trial of the online version by registering on the CIP Knowledge.