7 February 2019
Construction Contractual Handbook updated
Construction Industry Publications (CIP) has updated the Construction Contractual Handbook, an essential tool which sets out the law and contracts for specialist and main contractors alike, as well as anyone else involved in construction, in a compact and accessible way.
- Includes a reminder about the formation of a contract
- Contains a chapter explaining some of the most common onerous clauses or changes that sub-contractors and main contractors might come across
- Addresses the need to maintain vigilance throughout the duration of the contract, ensuring certificates are issued at the right time, variations and any disputes are properly managed and claims procedures are followed
- Includes chapters on Scottish and Irish law
- Contains useful checklists as a reminder.
Essential information to help sub-contractors and main contractors navigate the contractual landscape can now be found in the recently updated Construction Contractual Handbook.
Simon Bingham, Chairman of Caunton Engineering Ltd and chairman of Build UK member British Constructional Steelwork Association’s, Commercial and Contracts Committee said:
“As a specialist sub-contractor, Caunton Engineering Ltd needs to be aware of unilateral and difficult to spot changes to contracts, and make sure that we remain vigilant throughout the duration of the contract. The Construction Contractual Handbook will be an extremely useful tool for our commercial team.”
The Construction Contractual Handbook is now available for purchase from the Construction Industry Publications Bookshop.
For further information contact Sarah Kenny or telephone 0870 078 4400.