10 December 2018
Build UK members contribute to latest updates to Construction H&S and Environmental Manuals
Build UK is continuing its work with Construction Industry Publications (CIP) to ensure the Construction Health & Safety (H&S) manual includes industry recognised health and safety policies and standards.
This integrated approach aims to improve the knowledge and practices of those on site without duplicating information or publishing conflicting advice.
Build UK partner Construction Industry Publications (CIP) is offering all Build UK members an exclusive 30% discount (excludes the six-monthly updates) on its online combined Construction Health & Safety and Environmental Manual CIP Knowledge and also on hardcopies and CDROMs.
The latest update to CIP Knowledge includes:
- Completely re-written and updated Health and Safety Management section by a Build UK member and updated Registers of Legislation
- Details of the new CLOCs standard which comes in to force in January 2019
- A new section on Health by Design in the CDM Regulations Guidance and re-written Overhead and Underground Services section
- New guidance on new Ionising and GDPR Regulations
- New section on EMF – Electromagnetic Frequency
- References to the UK government’s 25-year Environmental Plan and the updated ISO 50001: 2018 are included
- The cessation of the CRC scheme and the new reporting requirement is included
- Guidance on the liability to taxation of disposals made to unauthorised landfills.
Martin Worthington, Member of the Drafting Panel and SHEQ Director of Build UK member Morgan Sindall Construction and Infrastructure Ltd, said:
“For good practical up to date advice on health and safety matters, the Construction H&S Manual is a must for everyone involved in construction. Working with Build UK will ensure it is even more relevant on a day to day basis as the ‘go to’ source of information for all things health and safety. It will also keep the manual up to date with industry practices, and provide the more collaborative approach we all want.”
Watch a short video here to see how CIP Knowledge can benefit your business.
Details of subscription prices for the CIP Knowledge, which start from £246 per annum for a single user, can be found on the website. Build UK members can claim their 30% discount using the promotional code BUILDUK. Build UK members also have the opportunity to take out a free one month’s trial of the online version by registering on the CIP Knowledge website. Hardcopies and CDROMs can be purchased from the bookshop website www.cip-books.com.
For further information or to take out a subscription, please contact Sarah Kenny at CIP.