20 December 2017
Build UK members contribute to latest updates to Construction H&S and Environmental Manuals
Build UK is continuing its work with Construction Industry Publications (CIP) to ensure the Construction Health & Safety (H&S) manual includes industry recognised health and safety policies and standards.
This integrated approach aims to improve the knowledge and practices of those on site without duplicating information or publishing conflicting advice.
Build UK partner Construction Industry Publications (CIP) is offering all Build UK members an exclusive 30% discount (excludes the six monthly updates) on its online combined Construction Health & Safety and Environmental Manual CIP Knowledge, and also on hardcopies and CDROMs.
The latest update to CIP Knowledge includes:
• Completely re-written sections on Contaminated Sites, Electricity (by the ECA) and Noise and Vibration.
• New guidance on signals and communication in Mobile Plant and Site Transport.
• Includes updated Build UK Training Standard.
• Updated information on the CLOCS initiative.
• Revised and rewritten section on Incident Management.
• A new section is added on the measurement of embodied energy or carbon.
• A new section has been added on ‘waste crime’ and the action to be taken following an incident of ‘fly-tipping’ on site.
• Updated ESOS information.
Martin Worthington, Member of the Drafting Panel and SHEQ Director of Build UK member Morgan Sindall Construction and Infrastructure Ltd, said:
“For good practical up to date advice on health and safety matters, the Construction H&S Manual is a must for everyone involved in construction. Working with Build UK will ensure it is even more relevant on a day to day basis as the ‘go to’ source of information for all things health and safety. It will also keep the manual up to date with industry practices, and provide the more collaborative approach we all want.”
Details of subscription prices for the CIP Knowledge, which start from £246 per annum for a single user, can be found on the website. Build UK members can claim their 30% discount using the promotional code BUILDUK. Build UK members also have the opportunity to take out a free one month’s trial of the online version by registering on the CIP Knowledge website. Hardcopies and CDROMs can be purchased from the bookshop website.
For further information or to take out a subscription, please contact Sarah Kenny at CIP.