18 July 2017
Updated CIP Construction Health & Safety Manual
Build UK partner, Construction Industry Publications (CIP) has updated the Construction Health & Safety (H&S) Manual so it continues to include industry-recognised health and safety policies and standards.
CIP is offering all Build UK members an exclusive 30% discount on its online Construction Health & Safety Manual and 50% discount on its Hardcopy.
The updated June 2017 version includes:
• updated SAEMA guidance on H&S issues surrounding the use of Permanently Installed Suspended Lifting Equipment
• Build UK Site Induction Standard
• reviews from FPS on the H&S issues associated with Piling
• a completely rewritten section guiding contractors through the application of the CDM 2015 regulations
• guidance on the safe use of drones on construction sites
• a new section on Tool Tethering
• new and revised guidance on Contract Lifts, Lift Plans, selection of Cranes, siting of Cranes, Tower Crane security and rescue, Floor Mini Cranes, Excavators and Counterbalance Beams in Lifting Operations
Helping the industry work safely for over forty years, the Construction H&S Manual, also known as the ‘Blue Book’, is a one-stop shop for information and practical guidance on all health and safety issues that affect the construction process.
Martin Worthington, Member of the Drafting Panel and SHEQ Director of Morgan Sindall Construction and Infrastructure Ltd, said:
“For good practical up to date advice on health and safety matters, the Construction H&S Manual is a must for everyone involved in construction. Working with Build UK will ensure it is even more relevant on a day to day basis as the ‘go to’ source of information for all things health and safety. It will also keep the manual up to date with industry practices, and provide the more collaborative approach we all want.”
Details of subscription prices for the Construction H&S Manual, which start from £350 per annum for a single user, can be found on the CIP website. Build UK members can claim their 30% discount using the promotional code BUILDUK and their 50% discount off the hardcopy using the promotional code STOCK. Build UK members also have the opportunity to take out a free one month’s trial of the online version by registering on the CIP Construction H&S Manual website.
For further information or to take out a subscription, please contact Sarah Kenny at CIP or call 07789 713776.
* Whilst the discount also applies to the CD-ROM and printed formats, it excludes the six-monthly updates.