1 September 2015
CIP Publishes Updated Construction Environmental Manual
Construction Industry Publications (CIP) has updated its Construction Environmental Manual, providing even more support to companies to improve the way they manage environmental issues during construction.
Written by experts from a wide cross section of the UK’s leading construction companies, the latest edition of the Environmental Manual will provide those at site management and supervisory level with an understanding of the key legislation, details of what must be done in order to comply, and best practice examples in both the planning and construction phases.
The new edition includes:
• Descriptions of the most common Environmental Assessment Schemes for construction projects
• New Ecology and Energy Checklists
• The Building Management and Post Occupancy Evaluation process
• The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme Regulations 2014 (ESOS) and the requirements for compliance
• The Energy Company Obligation (ECO)
• Updated information on the areas of UK under ‘water stress’ and the amendments to the Permitting Regulations (EPR 2010)
• A section on Embodied Carbon and the Circular Economy.
The Construction Environmental Manual is priced at £160 + P&P and CIP is offering a 25% discount for all customers who buy it in January and February making it just £120. Members are eligible for a 10% discount which also applies to all other construction-related publications purchased from CIP.
To place an order with CIP, call 0870 078 4400 or visit the CIP website.